Teach English in China
By: Derek Capo
Since 2009 more than 500 teachers have chosen our Teach English in China Program. Teachers choose Next Step China because we work for them not for schools. We have consistently provided our teachers 30% higher pay than other providers. Through our comprehensive teaching program, we can help place you in a paid summer, semester or year-long teaching position at a language school, elementary, middle, high school, university or one-on-one tutoring in China.
Next Step China’s offers an exciting opportunity to earn money while enjoying the time of your life in China! Our program GUARANTEES the following:
1. Teaching Placement – Degree or Not –All Welcome to Apply!
2. At least $20 USD an hour or up to $3000 USD a month*
(Experienced teachers with certificate and TESOL get at least $25/hr!)
*Please view Package details
3. Flexible Program Start dates – Yes, start any date!
Our comprehensive packages will make sure that you pay off the costs traveling and living in China and save money! NSC’s packages are the following:
Why Choose Next Step China to Teach English in China?
1. We have helped over 500 teachers get teaching jobs in China.
2. Some of our team members were previously teachers and have “been there and done that” when it comes to teaching in China. We know all of the rules and protect you from having any issues that may arise.
3. We represent YOU! We don’t get any compensation from the schools we place you in. In fact, that is why teachers choose Next Step China. We are able to give hundreds of opportunities and you are not stuck in a contract that promised and didn’t deliver.
4. Our program offers all of the tools and support required to successfully teach in China. Unlike many other overseas teaching programs that only provide job placement, we provide you with everything you need to get started and make the most of your time teaching in China.
I didn’t really know what to expect at first. I had heard of some illegal businesses that did provided the same services. However, experiencing China through Next Step China’s service exceeded my expectations. The accommodation and staff were amazing. The process was so smooth I enjoyed my stay in Beijing. I would definitely recommend Next Step China just because the opportunities and the experience you get here is so different from any program you could be in.
- Kristi H.
Which package is right for me?
Short-term packages of 3 months or less is PERFECT for University Students that are seeking to fund the trip to China in the summer. Keep in mind that in the summer most of the schedule you will get for teaching will be in the evening and weekend, so get prepared to work.
Medium and Long-term packages are perfect for university and post graduate students who are seeking to stay in China for a long time and want to be able to save money. Long-term packages get the better incentive packages such as free housing and/or plane ticket reimbursment as schools want long-term commitments. So, choose wisely!
What is included in the Teach English in China Program?
What can you expect from Next Step China’s Teaching Program?
Upon being placed in a teaching position that is selected based on your preferences, you’ll serve as an English teacher – helping students learn conversational English and pronunciation. You will teach 20 to 30 hours per week, help create lesson plans, and work directly with students who are eager to learn.
What are the benefits of participating?
Teaching English abroad is an experience that is not only memorable for you, but for those that you have the opportunity to teach and meet. You’ll be introduced to students, peers, educators, and travelers from all over the world. You’ll develop Chinese language skills, be introduced to a new culture, food that you’ve never tried before, and many other experiences that will define this incredible opportunity. If you’re like most, you’ll never regret the time you spend teaching abroad.
While there is a modest program fee to help you get established in China and placed in a teaching position, you will be compensated once you begin working. In fact, you’ll be able to live comfortably on a teaching salary. No, you don’t need to have teaching experience, but you must have creativity, enthusiasm, and the desire to be adventurous.